Monday, June 4, 2012

Scott's first lost tooth

Scott lost his first tooth last week.

If ever there was a time for a parent to be thankful for bed-wetting, it was that night. You see, Jesse and I BOTH forgot to be the tooth fairy!  Oh my.  I woke Scott up that morning in the dark because Alarik was still sleeping.  Scott held up the ziplock baggie in the dark and cried, "The tooth fairy didn't come!"  I was as heartbroken as he was but I thought fast.  I sent him to the bathroom so I could strip his bed, then quickly threw the tooth away and grabbed four quarters.  Why do we NEVER  have a dollar bill laying around when there's a lost tooth to pony up for?  Anyway, I hurried to the bathroom and showed Scott the empty ziplock and said that the tooth fairy really did come and he just thought she didn't!  His face lit up like Christmas.  Whew, crisis averted.  And I'm reinstated to mom of the year, right???

"Show me the money, tooth fairy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment