Thursday, July 19, 2012

Trip Out West Day Two: We're in MT

So, technically, I hit the deer on day two but when you drive through the night everything just runs all together and I chose to draw the line here instead of at midnight.  If I hadn't, the day one post would've been rather bland.

Day two started out with a 6am pit stop at a wayside rest in Chester, MT for a change of clothes, tooth brushing and face washing.  Everyone was happy to get out and stretch.



We pushed on a little farther to Shelby, MT for a truck stop breakfast, i.e. dirty restaurant, great food.  We let the kids play at the local playground for awhile to keep from getting too stir-crazy in the truck.

Our pace was such that we were going to have time to kill before we could check into our cabin so we altered our route a bit and drove into Glacier National Park.  We stopped at the visitor's center and then donned sweatshirts for the drive up Going-to-the-Sun Road.




The views were spectacular, even if the road was narrow with steep drop offs and crowded at times.  It was well worth the white knuckles.

When we left Glacier, we still had a little time before check-in so we drove into Whitefish to look for some grub and did we ever find a gem!
The Shak had THE BEST bbq I've ever eating IN MY LIFE!!!  I vowed to go back for every meal while we were in MT.

Finally it was time to head to the cabin.  I use the term "cabin" lightly because this place was a huge-mongous log dream home if you ask me!

5 bedrooms, 3 baths, a jacuzzi tub in the master suite, pool table, volleyball, horseshoes, what more could you need?  The men let the wives cut cards for the master suite and guess what I cut?  A two!  Seriously?  My sister cut an 8 which beat both my 2 and my sister-in-law's 3 so she and her hubby won the master suite.  Who wins a prize like that with an 8 cut?  I mean, come on!  The rule was though that the jacuzzi tub was available for all so I still got my soak anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you can't accuse me of cheating cause I sure would have had a better card if I did! The suite was sweet:P

    ReplyDelete