Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Lesson Learned for Mom

The iPad Jesse got me for my birthday is much-loved by everyone in the family. Since I often hand over my iPod touch to Bekah and Scott to play their many apps, I didn't think twice about letting them also play on the iPad. It's fun to be able to access apps that aren't available for the touch and to play some of our favorites, like Angry Birds, on the bigger screen


Imagine my surprise last Saturday evening when I grabbed my iPad to check my email and found an iTunes Store receipt for an in-app purchase of 75,000 coins in Temple Run ($9.99)! WHA...? I had NO idea the kids would be able to make any kind of purchase without my iTunes password. Shame on me for not checking I guess but it's pretty crappy that apps can do that if you ask me. Needless to say I did a quick google search on changing my settings so that it doesn't happen again. As for my little shopper, I couldn't be that mad at her because when I asked her about it, she had no idea she'd really done that. She said she didn't know it was real money and then started bawling and asked if we were going to be broke because she did that! It was all I could do not to laugh as I reassured her and then explained that she needed to read every pop-up window and come get dad or me if she didn't know what it meant. I guess we both learned something. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment