Sunday, April 7, 2013

My Best Blanket Fort Yet

I must admit that I pride myself, just a lil' bit, on my blanket fort-building ability.  Check out the latest masterpiece:
Two cup hooks, a length of rope, two flat bedsheets and four clothespins is all you need.  Oh, and an air mattress.  Kids are so pampered these days.  Why, when I was a kid, we slept on the floor! And walked up hill both ways!  :)
The kids enjoyed a viewing of Dragons, Riders of Berk from their cozy tent.  Alarik is a kid that likes his own bed though and he kept wandering out of the fort, obviously tired.  He didn't want to snuggle on the couch with me either and put up no protest when I deposited him in his crib.  He snuggled up with "bear" and "bwankie" and drifted right off to dreamland.
I thought it rather funny that he willing gave up his movie night because the weekend before, Jesse had been out late on an ambulance transfer.  Bekah and Scott were talking about movie night but Alarik had had a long day with a short nap so I decided he should get to bed at his regular time.  He was none too pleased when I carted him upstairs while the other two were picking a DVD and popping popcorn.  In the morning when Jesse asked how everyone's night had been, Bekah reported that they'd had a movie night.  Alarik's little head snapped right around to look at Jesse and, with a look of disgust on his face and agitation in his voice, he rattled off a string of jibberish that ended with "nigh-nigh".  Jesse and I both burst out laughing as it was plain to tell that he was complaining to Jesse about the injustice of being put to bed and missing out on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment